Not in fact any relation to the famous large Greek meal of the same name.

Monday 15 December 2014

Help, my X clipboard is broken

Whenever I drag-select anything in xterm, the selection immediately gets cleared. Similarly in XEmacs, even when using shift and arrow-keys to select, the selection vanishes straightaway.

Bashing all the modifier keys doesn't help. Switching to console (Ctrl-Alt-F2) and back doesn't help. Unplugging and re-plugging the keyboard doesn't help.

The culprit? gitk. For some reason, when you use the "Line diff"/"Markup words" drop-down, it sometimes mucks up the X clipboard so badly that you have to quit and restart gitk to restore sanity.

I actually figured this out once before, but then had forgotten by the time it happened to me again, so this time I thought I'd write it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Waits for audience applause ... not a sossinge.
CC0 To the extent possible under law, the author of this work has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.